21 August 2015

Graduation and Jamaica!

So I realise that I haven't blogged in a while, but last month I got pretty caught up completing an internship, celebrating my graduation and exploring Jamaica. Yes, July was a pretty good month for me! (I have no excuse for August).

Anyway, seeing as I've abandoned my blog for a while, I thought the least that I could do is share a bit about what I got up to.

Graduation 

Four years hard work all paid off and I finally graduation from DMU with a first class degree! Final year really was a struggle but once I set my mind to something, there's no other option but to do it; so I pulled it together and got on with it. 

Graduation was a great way to finish off university, but I have to admit I think I was expecting something a bit more spectacular since I did work my ass off to get there! Anyway, I made it across the stage without falling on my face and I got to take my mandatory graduation photo - what more could I want?

The biggest thing I learned throughout university? Stop worrying so much and just trust in God.

Philippians 4:6 (NKJV): "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"


Jamaica

Every time I go abroad, I catch the travel bug and all I want to do is explore the world! Am I the only one that feels like this?

Jamaica has been on my travel list for so long and when I finally made it there, it didn't disappoint. It's a truly beautiful island!

In two weeks we managed to fit in a good amount of relaxing on the beach, travelling around the country to see family and hit up the tourist hotspots (Montego Bay, Negril, Ocho Rios, Dunns River Falls). I ate my weight in jerk chicken and drank rum in excess and it was fabulous! No regrets. It was the perfect way to celebrate finishing university.







Much love x



2 comments: